GLOBAL HEALTH AND SOCIAL EQUITY
medico panels at the 17th congress Poverty&Health (9th of March 2012; Berlin)
Friday, 9th of March 2012 • main building, Technische Universität Berlin
Proposals and international debates for a radical change in politics
11.30 am to 1 pm: On the world health situation
Two exemplary initiatives: The Global Health Watch 3 and the People’s Health Assembly 3.
A critical view on world health and it’s actors: the Global Health Watch 3.
- David McCoy, People´s Health Movement, Public Health Director at Primary Care Trust NHS Hammersmith and
Fulham and Centre for International Health and Development, University College, London/Great Britain
On the way to the third People’s Health Assembly. The global gathering of health activists in South Africa.
- Remco van der Pas, People´s Health Movement, WEMOS Foundation, Amsterdam/The Netherlands.
Moderation: Kirsten Schubert, medico international, Frankfurt/Main
2.15 – 3.45 pm: Health as a common in public responsibility.
The social being and the right of access to health care.
The concept of social infrastructure for health – more then surgeries and hospitals.
- Nadja Rakowitz, Society of Democratic Doctors Germany, Maintal/Germany
After the revolution: chances for access to health for all.
- Alaa Shukrallah, People´s Health Movement, AHED/Association for Health and Enviromental Development, Cairo/Egypt
Moderation: Andreas Wulf, medico international, Frankfurt/Main
4.15 to 5.45 pm: Participation and Governance
Who is sitting in the boat and who is navigating it?
Who does belong to a global health round table and who does not.
- Thomas Gebauer, Executive Director medico international, Frankfurt a.M./Germany
Participation in the name of the patient.
- Gregor Bornes, patient representative at the Federal Joint Committee
Being a part of the multilateral shaping of globalisation?
- Ilona Kickbusch, Global Health Programme, Graduate Institute for International and Development Studies, Geneva
Moderation: Anja Dieterich, Diakonie Bundesverband, Berlin
For further information please contact Ms. Kirsten Schubert, M.D.: email@example.com